Thursday 17 January 2019

Faking It by K. Bromberg

REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar



Faking ItFaking It by K. Bromberg
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Faking It by K Bromberg
3.5-4*

I like a good enemies to lovers and that’s exactly what we get here with Faking It. Harlow meets Zane when he makes her late for an interview she’s desperate to nail after he mistakes her for the dog walker. Once she’s done putting him in his place, she hightails out of the building and returns home without her interview having taken place and oddly, without her shoes. Being ever so resourceful, Zane tracks her down and invites her to an event which might provide connections and potential job opportunities and what follows is a web of lies and a series of events that takes them on their (fake) journey.

Overall, I liked Faking It. I really liked Harlow but Zane less so. He had me rolling my eyes more than once and frankly, he could have done with a backhand or three. Harlow’s character was a strong one and I have admiration for her. I do get annoyed by other characters pulling strings and having too much influence over the main characters and I felt some of that come across here, which shows in my rating. Nonetheless, it was an enjoyable read and I do wonder if Bromberg will write stories for any of Zane’s friends.

*I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R30PNCWAA1IKGL/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.bookbub.com/reviews/1807966213

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...