Thursday 3 January 2019

Right Where I Want You by Jessica Hawkins

REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere 



Right Where I Want YouRight Where I Want You by Jessica Hawkins
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really struggled with this book, in so many ways. It is classified as a romantic comedy and a contemporary romance, and I will go with the latter. There may have been some funny lines, but it was definitely no rom-com. I have seen others consider it a slow burn romance, but for me, unfortunately, it was just slow. As this is my first read by this author, I’m not sure if it is her style or just this particular novel, but I wasn’t a fan of all the self asked questions either.

The story in itself was sweet, an office love with cute dogs. He was an editor of a Men’s magazine who was in a slump due to personal reasons. She was the person hired to solve the problems and get the mag back up in the ratings. I found some of it confusing with them both jumping back and forth with their actions and feelings. There is a thin line between love and hate, but also between weak and arrogant. They were both bordering on that line a few times in my opinion. I’m sad to say that this book just didn’t do it for me but if you’re a fan of this author, you may well enjoy it.

*I voluntarily read an early copy.
**Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...