Thursday 3 January 2019

The One You Fight For by Roni Loren

REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard 



The One You Fight For (The Ones Who Got Away, #3)The One You Fight For by Roni Loren
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

THE ONE YOU FIGHT FOR was another solid read in the The Ones Who Got Away series and I find that I’m still invested in these characters and their shared story. I’ve done a little bit of rounding up to 4 stars and I’ll explain why towards the end of this review.

What I’m enjoying about the stories in this series is that each pair of main characters is different from previous ones, their shared story is also unique so I don’t feel that I’m reading the same thing again and again. In this book, Taryn comes to the fore, the professor, researcher and lead champion for change and prevention of school shootings. She’s a serious but compelling character and yet I quickly wanted her to find a life, some me-time and a guy. Shaw is every kind of easy and every kind of hidden complication that Taryn does and doesn’t need. The chemistry was palpable and the power cut was something else.

I was cheering for these two and I loved their easy fall into companionship but I had some moments of difficulty with the convenience of the wrap up of the story. I felt that Shaw’s whip-lash emotions and change of mind was a little quick and unrealistic. Just a little more time was needed over this element. However, I did enjoy the story overall and I am waiting for the next book and character with some anticipation.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...