Monday 21 January 2019

Birthday Suit by Lauren Blakely

REVIEWED BY 
Melinda Lazar 


Birthday SuitBirthday Suit by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Birthday Suit by Lauren Blakely

This book was *exactly* what I needed to start the year off! It was the perfect friends to lovers story with a bit of a second chance for one of our characters as well. Leo and Lulu were friends years ago and now that Lulu is back in New York, the friendship picks up (almost) where it left off.

Lulu is a master chocolatier who is back in NY to realize her dream and Leo is on the hunt for the next rising star to partner with at Heavenly Chocolates. From the moment they cross paths again, they fall into old ways with their usual banter and it’s almost as though the last few years haven’t passed.

Leo, bless his sweet, unselfish heart has been in love with Lulu for YEARS. From the moment they met, she was it for him. Unfortunately, Lulu was also ‘it’ for Leo’s best friend, Tripp. Those two hit it right off and even though it was never a competition, Tripp won the girl. Leo and Lulu are now at a different stage and time in their lives and are free to explore the possibilities of a romantic relationship.

I don’t know what to say.... this book made me feel all sorts of wonderful things. I smiled and craved chocolate throughout. I laughed and swooned at the witty banter that is synonymous with a Lauren Blakely book. My heart melted and ached and mended beautifully. The relationship between Leo and Lulu was pure and organic. There was nothing forced or contrived and it was utterly believable. I was rooting for these two to find themselves and their happy ever after, particularly Leo who was just such a beautiful person and friend. I’ll also add that I loved the little story within the story - my day was made although I wouldn’t mind a little novella there! But for now, I’m looking forward to Cameron and the mysterious woman in his life!

*I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3CV7JERAW296/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/RXME7FHQADTEB/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.bookbub.com/reviews/3082648200

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...