Friday 2 September 2016

El Diablo by M. Robinson



REVIEWED BY Becky Cox


El Diablo (The Devil, #1)El Diablo by M. Robinson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 CROSS MYSELF STARS

JUST FREAKING WOW

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Robinson has outdone herself! This is, in my opinion, her best work yet!

“She was trying to save me when all I would do was destroy her.”

I don't even know where to start.

Alejandro Martinez, El Diablo, was a devil but not of his own making. This story covers the span of many years of his life. You see him becoming the devil and more importantly, you feel it. The heartbreak he has endured would turn anyone to stone. The mistakes made can never be undone.

“Even the devil was an angel once, Alejandro.”

His journey is so raw. His demons so harsh and his self hate so heart wrenching. I really really loved to hate him at times. He's gorgeous of course, but sometimes I wanted to smack him for the cruel things he did and said. I know some were a means to an end but lordy he worked on my heart.

Protecting her the only way I knew how. Except there was no protecting her....
From.
Me."


Lexi was just born into a pile of shit that she just couldn't seem to get away from. Her life handed her struggle after struggle.

"I would have forgiven my mother for anything... But I would never forgive her for this."

Lexi, a beautiful ballerina with a mouth full of sass and heart full of pain. She is not the perfect heroine, but she is the perfect heroine for this book. Her heartaches became my heartaches. Robinson did an excellent job projecting her raw emotions.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“You were the villain in your own story, Martinez. In mine, you’ve always been my hero.”

She loved Alejandro in spite of his demons, and sometimes for them. He broke her time and again and her love persevered, until it didn't.

I can't recommend this book enough.
It is dark. There is violence. There is sex.
It is not for the faint of heart.


Reviewed for Becky by Jo&IsaLoveBooks
http://joandisalovebooks.com/
http://joandisalovebooks.blogspot.co.uk/



View all my reviews

Amazon US


Amazon UK


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...