Wednesday 7 September 2016

The One Real Thing by Samantha Young



REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar

The One Real Thing (Hart's Boardwalk, #1)The One Real Thing by Samantha Young
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The One Real Thing by Samantha Young

This is only my second book from Young and what I've come to realize is that her love stories are truly beautiful.

In this we meet Jessica, a doctor who works at a female correctional center. She's content in her current friends-with-benefits arrangement as it means she can keep her emotional distance and that suits her to a tee. Vacation plans change and she decides, for a few reasons, to visit the picturesque town of Hartwell. It's there she realizes how empty her life really is: she finds peace, makes close friendships, and meets the deliciously dirty-talking publican, Cooper.

Her time in Hartwell has Jess questioning the direction her life has taken and where it's going and she begins to wonder if she can have it all. Unfortunately, Jessica is determined to keep herself closed off and to hide her secrets from all and this determination may come to cost her dearly.

This book really did it for me on every level. Cooper I freaking LOVED. He wasn't your typical nice guy, but he wasn't a bad boy either; he was just real and authentic and someone so easy to relate to. He loves and falls hard and equally, can cut people when pushed too far. The attraction and chemistry between Cooper and Jess is palpable from their first meeting and Jess is made of stronger stuff than I am, as I wouldn't have been able to stop from throwing myself at him!

I'm just so in love with Hartwell and its perfectly imperfect inhabitants. There are secrets galore in this book and I don't doubt we'll have more to discover in the books that follow. I absolutely cannot wait for the next book in this series!

*arc received from NetGalley in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3JYZ0ASZE77ZR/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...