Friday 9 September 2016

Rookie Move by Sarina Bowen


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar

Rookie Move (Brooklyn Bruisers, #1)Rookie Move by Sarina Bowen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Rookie Move by Sarina Bowen.

This is the first standalone in a brand-spanking-new series by the brilliant Ms Bowen. When I first saw this book up on NetGalley, I requested it so fast, my finger hurt and was utterly honored to be selected to review.

This book is a gorgeous second-chance sports romance (perfect combination!) between Brooklyn Bruisers rookie, Leo Trevi and team publicist, Georgia Worthington. Leo and Georgia were so in love and only imagined a future with each other when their world was cruelly destroyed on the night Georgia was attacked. Events led to their breakup and now, six years later, they meet again on a professional level.

I adored Leo! I loved that he's not your typical player resisting love. No, he's always known Georgia was the love of his life and he just needed a chance to let her know that. His treatment of her was so so sweet. I couldn't help but fall in love with him and I think Leo is what every fictional male should aspire to be!

I could understand Georgia and the logic behind her reasoning and for pushing Leo away. I wanted to smack her, but I understood. She's a strong woman who has overcome something horrific and you can't forget that. She's also worked so hard to get where she is professionally and one has to admire that and appreciate why she's not willing to settle or give up.

Leo and Georgia belonged together and it was obvious from their first second encounter. The feelings were deep and so true that they couldn't be denied and damn the consequences. It was a beautiful second chance story that I enjoyed immensely.

I've come to realize that whatever Bowen chooses to write, whether it's a second chance romance or recovering addicts or sexy athletes, she, without fail, manages to paint a beautiful picture and get the reader invested from the word go. This first book in the new series was fantastic and one I absolutely recommend. I loved getting to know some of the secondary characters and am beyond eager for O'Doul's story next.

*arc received courtesy of NetGalley in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...