Thursday 8 September 2016

The Protector by Jodi Ellen Malpas




REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

The ProtectorThe Protector by Jodi Ellen Malpas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is my first Jodi Ellen Malpas read and I'm really impressed. The cover caught my eye, then the blurb really sucked me in. I dipped into the first few pages when I was in the middle of another book and The Protector just took over. This book lived up to the blurb, if you're thinking 'the bodyguard' you're not far off target but think a superior storyline and a male who is something quite exquisite.

"Hard. It's the first word that comes to mind, followed by dangerous. And then followed quickly by masterpiece."

Jake really is a masterpiece. He was something quite special in terms of male hero, described in such a way as to entice, with more than a touch of rough man. There's a whole backstory to Jake that I enjoyed seeing unravel. Camille could be perceived as an entitled diva but she's not. Okay, she's beyond beautiful and that certainly conjures quite a picture of the two of them together, maybe a little too perfect. For me, this worked well, the beauty and the hard, gruff, handsome bodyguard. These two had some chemistry that fired in all directions but there was deep connection, albeit quick connection.

"You've taken everything manly in me and pulverised it."

The story I thoroughly enjoyed, I felt pulled in and absorbed completely. It wasn't totally original but it felt fresh. My 4 star rating relates to some loss of traction at 75%. There was a little cheesiness at times but some might see that as sweetness. I favoured the fast paced elements of the story and the latter part of the book did pick up again.

This book lived up to my expectations, I enjoyed the writing and will remember the characters.

The publisher provided a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1QUDQPYDHA2SH/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...