Friday 30 September 2016

Confessed by Nicola Rendell




REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

ConfessedConfessed by Nicola Rendell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

I feel quite conflicted about this book. On the one hand, I connected with both the characters Vince and Lucy. On the other hand I struggled with the relationship development direction at times.

This is the kind of book that grabs you immediately with a consuming story that's fast-paced. Lucy's life is crumbling at a exponential rate and Vince just happens to 'mark' her. Vince is described so that he draws you in. He is also a scammer but Lucy makes him think twice about his lifestyle. The storyline was strong and the chemistry real. The erotic nature of the relationship and language wasn't always in my taste. It did put me off at times but the connection with the characters kept me invested on the whole.

"Messy black hair. Rugged stubble. Eyes that could unlock a bedroom door from forty feet away. Jeans that fit him like he was the prototype for jeans in the first place"

I'm a big fan of the first book by this author but this book didn't hit the spots in quite the same way. The connection between the two books is tenuous and I would have welcomed more between Professed and Confessed. I am following Nicole Rendell to see what else she writes as I consider her 'one to watch'.

A copy of this book was provided by the author in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R1R2H9DGPF3JFX/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...