Tuesday 1 August 2017

Atheists Who Kneel and Pray by Tarryn Fisher

REVIEWED by Becky Cox 


Atheists Who Kneel and PrayAtheists Who Kneel and Pray by Tarryn Fisher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Stars
Tarryn Fisher is not everyone's author. She's my author, but not everyones. Her characters are flawed and damaged. They screw up and do things that other people see and don't understand. They don't fit a mold, much like Tarryn herself. She writes what she feels and it isn't always well received.

I promise if you read anything she has written and read between the lines and deeper into the characters not just surface level, you will get it. Unless you a perfect person who has never done anything wrong and I doubt there are many, if any, of those type of people, you will see yourself in some form or fashion reflected back at you. And yeah, sometimes that reflection is a big scary but dang if I don't get a sick thrill out of it. I like seeing my dark side reflected back at me from the pages.

Yara is no exception. She screws up often. Even when she thinks she is at the end of her journey to fix herself and can head home, she makes the biggest mistake of her life.

David is just a guy with an artistic heart getting through life who fell in love with a tragic girl. I know some people thought David to be awful because of some things he did but they were survival tactics when his heart was destroyed. Yara's gift to him as his muse.

Tarryn's writing is beautiful in Atheists Who Kneel and Pray as always. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star is I wanted one more chapter. I wanted another minute with that ending. But alas, we don't always get what we want. We did get another piece of Tarryn and that is always to be treasured.

#PLN4Life

Reviewed by Becky for JoandIsaLoveBooks


View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...