Monday 21 August 2017

Forever Hearts by C.J. Martin

REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere



Forever HeartsForever Hearts by C.J. Martín
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5*'s.

There is something about a Friends to Lovers romance that has it as one of my favourite categories. I think it is because of the previous history and the commitment already made to each other. Even though these two meet and became best friends at five years old, it's when they are seniors in high school that things start to change with their relationship. There is no doubt in Jesse's mind what he wants, but friends he will stay if that is all Rylie is capable of. If she wants more from him, he will be on board with that too. It is just a shame that not everyone is happy if they become a couple.

For nearly two decades this pair have a strong bond that even separated with college won't stop them being friends. They have their ups and downs but they each know it's a life long friendship second to none. The problem is neither one is perfect, like the rest of us, and miscommunications with heated moments will test them to their limits.

I really enjoyed this novel, and being only a fourth book for this author, it was written quite well. They way the period of time was handled flowed perfectly with the dual POVs explaining back history. There are a few different issues each of them had to deal with, and that too was deal with realistically. I did feel a few things were missing. Even though I thought the storyline dragged on in places, I found the ending to be cut short of a well rounded conclusion . I was hoping that Rylie had words with her dad for his interference and I wanted a more traditional epilogue. Having said that, I would still recommend reading Rylie and Jesse's story.


* I received a copy for an honest review.
** Reviewed for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...