Saturday 19 August 2017

Wish You Were Here by Renee Carlino

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 


Wish You Were HereWish You Were Here by Renee Carlino
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wish You Were Here by Renee Carlino

This was a difficult book for me to read for personal reasons and so my review won't be a lengthy one.

Wish You Were Here has kind of an instalove-ish feel to it. Charlotte and Adam meet late one night and have that instant connection people dream about. Unfortunately, come the next morning, Adam pretty much kicks Charlotte out of the house, never to be seen again. Charlotte spends weeks, no months, trying to get over Adam, even dating someone new but she still needs closure and goes to his old apartment to find it. What happens next was pretty goddamn heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time and well, I'll just leave it at that.

What I loved about this book is Carlino's writing. She can make the most godawful situation so lovely and beautiful and all I want to do is devour her words. I loved that our main character grew and matured throughout the book because she came across as rather immature to begin with. I didn't really believe the connection between some of the characters and that was a turn-off for me, thus the four star rating.

*arc received from NetGalley in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.


View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/RVI92MWVF6CU7/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...