Tuesday 1 August 2017

The Difference Between Us by Rachel Higginson

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 



The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract, #2)The Difference Between Us by Rachel Higginson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

This series is shaping up to be a favourite contemporary series. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN US delivered on the same quality writing and character development as book one. What I'm enjoying about this series and this book in particular, is that the chemistry is simply bubbling and yet the sexual description isn't front and centre. This was a slow burn and in Ezra's words 'the long game' and I appreciated the gradual development of connection over time, with true depth of feeling and nothing rushed.

Molly is that fun friend who hasn't ever really sustained a relationship of any depth or longevity. Her acquaintance with Ezra is circumstantial with both of them being close friends of Vera and Killan. They gave off hate signals for some time but a gradual respect crept in. Ezra was rather unexpected to me, he was so much more than I had surmised from book one. My feelings for him grew alongside Molly's affections.

"His words soothed some mysterious ache inside me. They were like balm on a wound I didn't know I had."

The writing and dialogue in particular between the characters had me invested in this story. It was wholly engaging from the outset and I loved having the familiarity of setting from book one. The last 15% felt a little rushed and I could have taken a bit more stretching of that time frame but overall I feel fully satisfied. I have to just mention my love of the cover, that man epitomises my muse for Ezra. I can't recommend this series enough.

A copy of this book was provided by the author in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...