Wednesday 2 August 2017

Beard In Mind By Penny Reid

REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere


Beard in Mind (Winston Brothers, #4)Beard in Mind by Penny Reid
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I knew when I read book one that Beau was going to have an awesome story to tell, but I didn't think that he was going to surpass Cletus on my Winston Brothers ladder. Each book in this series is just out doing the previous one. One of the things I love about it is the strong family bond, and that the characters are not perfect, they each have certain flaws. It just makes them more endearing.

Beau has so much to deal with in this novel and it takes his level head and sensitive personally to come through with the best conclusion. Each of the brothers has a wicked sense of humor, so there is that to keep you laughing along the way but Beau is also the charmer and we get to see him in full action. He also has to deal with Duane, his twin, the other half of himself, leave with Jessica. My heart broke for him.

Shelly Sullivan is the sister of Quinn, who is in the Knitting in the City series married to quirky Janie. Shelly has her own issues, and hasn't even been able to let Quinn know the full details. It takes a lot of trust and a few heated moments for her to open up to Beau on what her life is like. She feels she is broken, but he felt life had shaped her to be strong, resilient and brilliant, he wouldn't have her any other way. I loved her honesty, it made for some interesting moments but also when she was with Beau, he didn't have to guess what she was thinking.

This book is set in the same time frame as book three, and it was fun reliving a little of Cletus and his escapades as well as the other family members. I am adoring this series, and I am feeling a little anxious there is only two books to go, Roscoe and Billy's stories. Although I know these are all worth a re read and even better with audio. If you are wondering whether book 4 is worth picking up, Yes Indeed. If you haven't started this series, don't hesitate, I highly recommend them all.


* I received a copy for an honest review.
** Reviewed for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...