Monday 21 August 2017

Blue Balls by R.C. Boldt

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 



Blue BallsBlue Balls by R.C. Boldt
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Blue Balls by RC Boldt

We met these characters in Clam Jam and I was quite looking forward to their story. Jack and Sarah have been playing the flirting game for some time now and decide to finally take things to the next level. However, after their first hilarious encounter, Sarah goes on a travel nursing job which takes her out of Saratoga Springs for a good few months only to return for her best friends wedding.

Having seen how it affects her mother, Sarah doesn't believe in love. She's here for the good times and that's all she wants from Jack. Unfortunately for her, Jack, our former nerd turned Hottie, has a deep romantic side and absolutely believes in love, marriage, the whole kit and caboodle. He just has to wear her down, one blue ball experience at a time.

I found this book so boring at the beginning that I was ready to put it down and not bother with it any more. Thankfully it improved after the first few chapters, right around when the characters had their first of many sexual non-encounters, thus resulting in the title.

I enjoyed this book to a degree. I laughed at times and honestly, I was getting frustrated every time things didn't work out for them so I can't imagine how they would have felt! As much as I wanted to love this as much as I did Clam Jam, there was something lacking in it for me but I can't really place my finger on exactly what it was. Perhaps the main character was a bit too immature for me and her inner monologue slightly annoying? That's really all I can really put it down to. Good book otherwise and can be read as a standalone.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/RJVTNDLPOETQP/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...