Thursday 9 August 2018

As Dust Dances by Samantha Young

REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard 



As Dust Dances (Play On, #2)As Dust Dances by Samantha Young
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

This book was a bit of a sneak attack. I just liked Play On and didn’t know what to expect from AS DUST DANCES but it started so very strong that I was grabbed almost immediately.

Skylar, the female protagonist has such an unusual story, she’s a successful lead singer of a band, or she was 20 months ago. When the book starts she’s been living homeless, on the streets of Glasgow for nearly six months. From there, everything in the reader needs more, needs answers. Skylar was the kind of strong heroine that isn’t in your face, she pulls her strength and confidence out of the bag at the important moments and I really identified with that.

The story takes you into the world of record labels, A&R people and Skylar finding herself being discovered again. Killan is her grumpy, overtly professional and sometimes rude record label boss. Their story isn’t predictable and there are some fantastic friendships that are in the fore in this story, friendships from the past and new ones. As this story reaches its culmination there are some good twists that kept me holding my breath, I loved that.

The heat between Skylar and Killian is exceptional, slow-burning and just fantastic to read. I believed every emotion and spat between them. This was the kind of chemistry I love reading.

I’m pretty excited about the next book which is Killian’s sister, Autumn. AS DUST DANCES can be read as a complete standalone despite being part of a series. I recommend to all my contemporary romance loving friends.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...