Monday 6 August 2018

In High Cotton by Denise Grover Swank

REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere



In High Cotton (Neely Kate Mystery #2)In High Cotton by Denise Grover Swank
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5*'s

Oh My Stars and Garters - that was a whole lot of something!

My heart is still reeling over Neely Kate and her ordeal. This poor girl has been through so much. I am glad that Joe and Jed are a constant in her life, along with Rose, to help her heal.

This book picks up straight from the first, and they are still dealing with Kate and some others that are trying to make Neely Kate's world a nightmare. So much happens and it is causing a real stink in Henryetta. With every good mystery series, some questions are answered, but so many more things are left to be discovered in the next instalment. Neely Kate has to learn how to trust again, her own instincts and men. Jed is being extremely understanding and supportive of Neely Kate being her own person. Joe is making lots of headway on this aspect too. Things I loved about this book was of course the interaction between NK and Jed - I loved his surprises. I also cherished the other characters coming into play, even Mason. I have not given up on him, I still feel he is the most stand up man with the best morals. It goes without saying that the story line is enthralling. I am not onboard with all the developments, but it is very compelling. I'm excited to see what is coming up next for this series and to hear more about The Rose Gardner Investigations.

**Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...