Monday 6 August 2018

The Naked Truth by Vi Keeland


REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 


The Naked TruthThe Naked Truth by Vi Keeland
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Naked Truth by Vi Keeland

Following an incident where she was forced to fulfill hours of community services, Layla is eager to please the partners at her law firm and that means presenting as best she can to win a potential new client. Upon entering the meeting, she comes face to face with the one man she’s spent the last year trying to get over: Gray Westbrook. The man she fell in love with while serving her hours of community service at the same prison he was in, serving time for white-collar crime.

Not sure what I can say about this book. It was an ok read, nothing spectacular or that we’ve not seen before. I did enjoy quite a few aspects particularly pertaining to Gray. I thought he was a great man with a huge heart and my personal weakness, a dirty mouth. I enjoyed Layla’s character too though to a somewhat lesser degree and I’m really not sure I can put my finger on why. I think she was supposed to be a strong and assertive professional but it fell kind of flat. Like I said, I don’t think I can put my finger on my reasoning. Overall, this was a good second-chance romance, but not something that wowed me.

*I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R14AX2JYTT7CJR/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.bookbub.com/reviews/790416056

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...