Monday 6 August 2018

Dr. Strange Beard by Penny Read

REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 



Dr. Strange Beard (Winston Brothers, #5)Dr. Strange Beard by Penny Reid
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Dr Strange Beard by Penny Reid

I reaaaaaally struggled with the first half of this book and honestly, just wanted it to be over. It broke my heart to even think this book would go on my never-again-to-be-read list but I should have had more faith in Reid and known that she would deliver, in spades.

So to anyone who’s been following the Winston Brothers, you’d know that Roscoe is the baby of the family. I was soooo excited to read his book: he has the sweetest nature of all the boys, a huge heart, and an incredible memory. The last might seem like a great thing, but it means that Roscoe can’t forget memories he wishes he could and that in turn gives him heartache because he can’t forget the memory of telling Simone that he loved her and what her response was.

After Roscoe ghosted her ten years ago, Simone mourned the loss of their friendship for a short while then moved on. She always wondered why he suddenly disappeared from her life and went to great lengths to avoid her. Now she’s back in town and keeps popping up everywhere Roscoe is, demanding answers.

I’m not going to say another single things about the storyline. It would be considered spoilerish and that’s a huge no-no. As I said earlier, the book was slow at the beginning and it improved immensely to the point that I just couldn’t put it down. There was friendship and family, secrets and hijinx. This resulted in a great second-chance romance that tackled some sensitive issues as only Reid can. Going back to this family is always a pleasure - a warm, bearded hug, if you will.

May I add that while I’ve certainly been eager for Billy’s book... I’m now at the point that my respect for him has grown HUGELY and I positively *neeeed* his book!

*I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/R1GOW8RBOKDATV/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R15DHN75WKQY1B/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...