Monday 6 August 2018

The Naked Truth by Vi Keeland

REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere



The Naked TruthThe Naked Truth by Vi Keeland
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I always get excited when I get to read a new Vi Keeland novel, whether it be on her own or co written with Penelope Ward. And this was no exception. I read the synopsis and wanted my hands on it quick smart!

It is hard writing reviews, because you want to talk about all the great things that happen, but you don't want to spoil it for everyone either. So with that in mind, here are some of my thoughts. Grayson Westbrook, or Gray, because we frequently talk about the hero first. And what a hero..... he was loyal to a fault and it costs him dearly..... three years worth to be exact. He is very swoony and a true romantic and even though he was robust and tough, he had this vulnerable side that was adorable. He connects with Layla Hutton in a couple of ways, they both have done something worth paying penance for which gives them time to reflect but also connect. They then discover more about each other and that they both come from unorthodox families. Layla is conflicted about giving Gray a second chance, with everything they have now learnt, she is unsure if they can find their HEA.

I enjoyed this book, I really did. It has a great story; full of romance, a little bit of angst with a few twists and some steamy romps. I find I am drawn to reading second chance romance more than others and that it was in dual POV was an added bonus. This book felt comfortable to read, like it was very familiar. It may not be my all time favourite, but it is definitely worth the read.

*Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...