Tuesday 7 August 2018

WOLFSONG by T.J. Klune

REVIEWED BY
Joanne Swinney



Wolfsong (Green Creek, #1)Wolfsong by T.J. Klune
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


5 SINGING STARS

I am seriously struggling on how to start my review. I could just say, it was a great story, I was engrossed the whole way through. But that doesn’t even come close to how much this story gripped me.

This is the first time I have read anything by this Author, and it most certainly won’t be the last. I am eager for more. So much more.

I love reading paranormal, shifters are a favourite of mine. So when I spotted this Author being shared on a blog, I investigated. I am thrilled beyond belief that I got to take this adventure of pure fantasy with some remarkable characters.

Ox hasn’t had an easy life. He’s done and seen things that most others wouldn’t even comprehend. He’s always been special, many thought him to be slow, a retard. That comment almost did me in. By the time I heard that being spoken I was already knee deep emotionally invested, and I believe that comment was made in chapter two.

Ox was surprised one day to see the empty house next to him had residents. It was empty for so long, he always wondered about it. When Ox met the Bennetts, especially Joe his life changed forever.

Young Joe Bennett was the cutest, I giggled when he first spoke to Ox. “Candy canes and pinecones and epic and awesome.” That line right there will stay with you through the whole book. Joe knew that Ox was special to him, even from the age of ten. Ox was it, there would never be another. Unfortunately Ox never saw Joe as a grown man, well not straight away. The day that happened was something to laugh about.

Ox and Joe lit up my world. I always say the best place to be is to lose yourself in a world of fantasy, and that’s exactly what I did.

I fell in love with each character, Thomas, I shed tears for him. Elizabeth made me smile, Mark made his way into my heart. Kelly and Carter made me laughed. The guys from the garage made my day with their sense of humour. Even Jessie work her way into my affections.

It wasn’t all love, fun and laughter though, far from it in fact. Joe has constant nightmares and it’s not surprising considering what he had to endure as a young boy. Many people are out to hurt the Bennetts, as much as Ox wants to keep them all safe, it’s an impossible task. When they mourned one of their own, I did too. When they laughed or cried I did also. I was almost nearing the end of the book when I couldn’t take it anymore. I was so close to reading the end before I even got to it. My heart was picking up speed, and I thought I needed to know sooner rather than later. But my husband stopped me. His words were, “You’ll regret it, what if you miss something important” Grrr!! True so I carried on.

I could go on and on about how wonderful this story is, but I think you should just read it for yourself. If you love paranomal and shifters then don’t even give it a second thought. Hit the download button.

TJ Klune a million times thank you for such an epic and awesome adventure.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...