Monday 6 August 2018

Ride by Harper Dallas



REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard 


RideRide by Harper Dallas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Woah! Is there anything better than a debut author rocking your world with a breathtaking read? Not in my world. I have devoured this book in 24 hours, resenting every minute I wasn’t reading. I couldn’t put the book down and yet I wanted to sprint to the culmination, consumed by every chapter.

I am a serious sucker for sports romance but I’ve only read the odd book set in the snowboarding world. Chase is a pro-snowboarder, a cocky jerk but with all the talent in the world. Brooke is a extreme sports photographer, just wanting to catch her break, living week to week. These two have a reluctant pull to one another and holy smokes, that pull drags the reader in. The chemistry between these two is fiery and compelling but it’s the story that makes you addicted to this couple. There’s a lot of conflict between Chase and Brooke, they’re both emotionally stunted.

“How come when we don’t open our mouths, we have such a good time together, and as soon as we speak something goes wrong?”

“I’m not sure you experience things through several inches of emotional Kevlar.”


There is a strong cast of friends in this book, a four-some of elite snowboarders and it seems the rest of the series is going to be each of the friends; I am so here for that. Hanne and JJ really brought depth to the storyline for me and I’m looking forward to their books, especially Hanne who I have zero inkling about in terms of romantic interest.

So, I’m busy telling all my book buddies who love sports romance to give this a try. It truly doesn’t feel like an author debut, therefore I have high hopes of what’s to come as Harper Dallas can write.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...