Tuesday 7 August 2018

The Chase by Elle Kennedy

REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar



The Chase (Briar U, #1)The Chase by Elle Kennedy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Chase by Elle Kennedy
3.5-4*

I’ve been not so patiently waiting for The Chase and overall, it was good. It’s the story of Fitzy, who we met in the Off-Campus series and Summer, sister to Dean from the same series.

Fitzy has always been attracted to the bubbly Summer who attracts attention and drama without even trying but he’s tamped it right down as she’s the complete opposite of the kind of girl he’d normally want to date. All Fitzy wants is a peaceful, drama-free life and he knows he won’t get that with Summer. Summer on the other hand, is attracted to Fitzy and makes it known without any shyness. Well, she does until she overhears Fitzy’s unfiltered opinions of her and then she’s put right off.

I enjoyed the story for the most part and the banter was, on occasion, engaging. I really wanted to love Fitzy but his hot and cold attitude annoyed me to some degree and I kind of wanted to shake some reaction out of him. I also felt that the story kind of dragged at the beginning and I didn’t see the need for all the extra drama thrown in - for example, I would have preferred that Hunter not be a factor in this story because that truly took me out of rooting for Fitzy and Summer to sort themselves out. Overall, it was good but I don’t think I’ll be rushing to do a reread any time soon.

*I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/RIAZNLH2OMA9X/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.bookbub.com/reviews/872118412

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...