Monday 6 August 2018

Forget You, Ethan by Whitney G.

REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere 



Forget You, Ethan (Forget You Ethan, #1)Forget You, Ethan by Whitney G.
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a highly anticipated book from Whitney G that her followers have been begging for. For me, I thought it was great, I revelled in reading about Ethan and Rachel. It is a classic enemies to lovers tale told in dual POV.

These two met at age 7 1/2 (don't forget the half!) and have had a tumultuous relationship ever since. They have been trying to one up each other for over a decade, each thinking they are the true winner. They malarkey has gotten the other into trouble and then they bounce right back again. Even though they have been neighbours most of their life, things take a turn when they both go off to college. They believe in their hearts that they hate each other with a passion, but they keep in contact via mail. I found the way they expressed their emotions through their correspondence was funny but also an eye opener to their genuine friendship. We get some backstory through going back to specific ages, which I thought was done well. It all tied up with what was happening in the current time, as well as giving us that precious insight into their bond. Of course they are both a little hot headed, so things take some time before they finally realise that all along they were meant to be together as a couple.

All in all, I was happy with the outcome of this book. I can embrace the quirkiness of Rachel and the stubborn attitude of Ethan. Each character showed that they could be silly, had a sense of humor and when push comes to shove, they were there for each other with compassion. These are the main qualities you want in your H/h. I am now waiting to get my hands on Forget You, Rachel..... the epilogue.

**Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooks Blog.




View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...