Monday 6 August 2018

Dr. Strange Beard by Penny Reid


REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard 


Dr. Strange Beard (Winston Brothers, #5)Dr. Strange Beard by Penny Reid
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

DR STRANGE BEARD was a swoon-fest brimming with feelings, my feelings, leaking all over the place. It took me a pause to get into to into the book properly but once I was in, I had my whole mind and body shoe-horned into it. The timeline in this book is interesting in terms of previous characters, it took me a little adjustment but I enjoyed all Winston updates.

I can’t say Roscoe has been at the front of my mind in previous books, I recollect little of him, I now find him utterly unforgettable, that’s the kind of man he is. A vet, often surrounded by puppies, flirting with anyone female of any age and avoiding some of the real stuff of life. This man is a bit of savant in some ways.

“He was in faded greenish-blueish scrubs, his long form lying on the floor, allowing at least twelve happy, fluffy puppies to crawl over him, wagging their fluffy tails licking his face and forearms while he laughed and they yipped and growled playfully.”

“More importantly, why did Roscoe have to be a vet? Why couldn’t he be a...a...a mortician? He wouldn’t look quite so stunningly and alluringly gorgeous covered in dead bodies, now would he?”


Simone grew on me from, hmmm I’m not sure, to like, to love, to she’s perfect for him. Both Simone and Roscoe had nerdy sides to them that on the one hand kept them apart and on the other hand made them right for one another. These two were childhood friends that were inseparable and this was a second-chance, friends to more that thrilled me.

There were some chemistry-laden twists that were really just the best reading but I can’t say more because spoilers are spoilery; I have all the highlighted bits to look back on. However, I lived for the unexpected in this book, both in connection and serious plot development. Some of those serious plot developments had me teary, unusually for me. So, feelings really were brimming in this read.

Here I am again, trying to decide my favourite Winston book and I just can’t. The quality and consistency of read is superb and I’ll never be ready for these to end.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...