Tuesday 3 March 2015

Billy by Sara York

REVIEWED BY Isa Jones

Billy (A Southern Thing #4)Billy by Sara York
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was my first book I read from this author and I have to say I enjoyed it. I think reading the first books in the series is advisable but not compulsory.

Now before I begin my review I have to be honest and say I did indeed judged this book by it's cover and I was NOT expecting the story I got.
I have been reading my fair share of M/M romances but Billy was a breath of fresh air, yes it did took me a bit to get used to not having two very typical gay men in the story, Billy is very young, very naive and very different, he knows what he wants and he goes for it, but in order for him to be able to live a life where he is not criticised he moves with his brother in NY. He had plans to just concentrate on finishing his studies and get a job, but never in all his plans was meeting Sawyer. From that point Billy embarks in a path of self discovery and confidence, Sawyer couldn't be more different to Billy, he is loud and strong and very confident, but he is instantly attracted and he seems to accept everything about Billy, however, Sawyer is leading a dangerous and secret double life, one he wasn't expecting Billy to discover, what happens next is totally unexpected and its a big turning point in the story. I loved the suspense that this brought to the plot and the interactions were very well delivered between all the characters.
My only observation is that the last part felt a bit rushed, I was enjoying the twists and turns but some seemed to be resolved very fast and then we moved forward at a very fast pace.
Regardless Billy is a very decent read, is certainly well written and has an original story line with loveable characters.

4 Surprisingly good Stars~ ISALOVESBOOKS

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...