Friday 13 March 2015

Jamaican American Thug Drama by J.S. Lewis

REVIEWED BY Joanne Swinney


Jamaican American Thug DramaJamaican American Thug Drama by J.S. Lewis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is not your original romance story. There's no boy meets girl and falls in love. There's no hot CEO to rush in and save the day.
What you do get is a hot thug with plenty of drama. The title really does say it all.
I connected with this book instantly, the writer J.S.Lewis drawing me into this story with his brilliant description of events taking place.
Jevaughn Wilson a young man got his whole life ahead of him. He's black and gay, I know shock, horror. Seriously people you need to get over the racist, gay comments, it's becoming boring. Who cares what a person chooses to do with his or her life. Jevaughn is Gay living in a land where it is beyond frowned upon, it's almost like a law that you can't be.
At times this story broke my heart, the sadness I felt for something that I knew nothing about.
I can't believe people actually got beaten up, badly, for being gay, sometimes even death.
Jevaughn suffered so much just for being the person he wanted to be. His mother, Jesus she doesn't deserve that title, putting her own child in hospital. Is he not still her son that she should have loved and protected with her life?
Jevaughn was in love with a guy called Dre. The American Thug, problem was Dre was straight, he had a girlfriend, that relationship was beyond complicated.
When Jevaughn helps Dre out of a sticky situation, shall we say, they become friends. Jevaughn is ecstatic being close to Dre and you can tell Dre does like him but I don't think he's the right man for him.
No matter how much Jevaughn wishes his dreams would come true and be close to Dre, I was praying for him to take a different route.
Dre starts to really like Jevaughn, they become even closer one night and literally all hell breaks loose. Dre swears he will look after and protect him but we all know you can't always protect the ones we love.
The complete unimaginable happens, scenes of horrific violence. Nothing like what I have ever read before. There was actual pain in my heart, tears rolling down my face. My mind thinking, where is help when you need it.
When you have lived through something so traumatic, where do you go from there, how do you rebuild your life? Most people have family who love and care for them. A saviour that's what Jevaughn needed.
I could tell you so much about this book, it touched me deeply.
I hope readers give it a chance like I did. I will be reading book two where the saga continues.
I'm holding out for dreams to come and the right paths to be chosen. Thank you J.S.Lewis for writing this book. I wish you all the success in the world.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...