Thursday 28 May 2015

Bright Side by Kim Holden

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)Bright Side by Kim Holden
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

6 amazing stars

This is a very hard review to write. How do you do justice to such a book without spoilers? I've put off reading Bright Side despite the recommendations from book friends but once Gus was published, it seemed like the right time.

The majority of the book is delightful. The characters are something truly special, the writing has a skillful ease and the story is wonderful until it's not. Even the difficult turn of events have a poignant beauty.

Kate is a 20 year old woman heading off to Grant college. She has no blood family left but friends who are truly family. Gus is her lifetime friend. They share everything and now that's she's moved they talk every day. They were briefly something else but now focused back on friendship. Kate is about living life to the full and seeing positives in everything. I just adored her. Kate meets a host of people at Grant including Keller.

Important things in this book: coffee, sunsets, music, I love yous, secrets, family.

No review can do justice to this book but I'm glad I finally had the courage to read it. I'm also glad I had some book friends to hold my hand. And tissues, lots of those.

Just epically beautiful.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews http://www.amazon.com/review/R15SF3ILCMCWYZ/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...