Thursday 28 May 2015

Burn by Allie Juliette Mousseau

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar


Burn (Brothers of Ink and Steel #2)Burn by Allie Juliette Mousseau
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Burn by Allie Juliette Mousseau
5*

This is book two in The Brothers of Ink & Steel series and while it can certainly be read as a standalone, I definitely recommend you read Dare first because it was equally fantastic.

This book was such an incredible journey not only for Liam & Quinn, but also for us. Book one touched a little on what Quinn had been through in her young life, but here we are given both the nitty and the gritty and it is truly heartbreaking.

I wasn't prepared for this but I absolutely fell in love with Liam. Big, strong, tough. Loving, kind-hearted, just downright sexy! The things he went through and what he did for Quinn just reduced me to tears and tugged at my heartstrings.
Quinn is also a character that you cannot help but love. After everything she'd been through, she still had a smile and her faith in Liam. She is amazing. She is a survivor.
To read and understand what Quinn and Liam had gone through makes you realize what amazing characters with great depth and appeal Allie Juliette Mousseau has created and developed. I had smiles, laughter and tears throughout and I loved every bit of it.
I love that we got to know the other brothers a little more in this book and I really can't wait for their stories. It's also interesting learning the different dynamics between them all and with Quinn.
The story alternates both in point of view and also between the past and present and both are done brilliantly, causing no confusion. I loved this book and would definitely recommend, however there may be triggers for some.

**arc received in exchange for honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...