Monday 30 July 2018

Tiebreaker by P. Dangelico

REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere


TiebreakerTiebreaker by P. Dangelico
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The synopsis read well for me, and I wanted to know more about this couple. It is not often we get a book on tennis, and being a second chance romance, I was intrigued. The story within its self is good, the couple has a connection that begins from an early age and they become lovers later on. Mistakes are made, and they then go their separate ways. One stays in the home town to make a living, the other becomes a tennis champion and only comes home for a short visit for a family emergency. What ties them together is another matter.

I had to sit on this one for a while before I could write this review. I was trying to reconcile in my head the actions and reactions these two had. I am not sure I really can though. I get that real love isn't polite or tidy, that it is messy and complicated and there is no hiding from it, but the way these two went about things was a disaster at times. One thing that might offend readers, is that there is a cheating scene, which I wasn't offended because they were young and immature at this stage. What I found hard to believe was the harshness of the words said at this point, it didn't ring true to character for me. It is not until around the 88% mark that some of that is made a little clearer, although the jumping back and forth wasn't done duly as it tainted the flow of the novel. There were other discrepancies or factual information that irked me and made it somewhat unauthentic.

Lets bring this home with the characters. Noah Callahan was a troubled teen that endured so much before he was really an adult, and I felt his pain. If I could, I would sit at Rowdy's and have a few drinks with him. Maren Murphy was going places, and she had her granddad to boast her along the way. I got her spirit, and yeah she was a little emotional or whiney but she is a woman with hormones, we all can be now and again. She did have some moods swings that gave me whiplash on occasions but all in all, I liked her. Her sister Bebe seemed like a gal I would hang with, and it sounds like she has a tale to tell as well. Looking forward to seeing what she has been up to while Maren was been slogging it out.

*Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...