Tuesday 21 April 2015

A review of Falloir by J.D. Chase


REVIEWED BY Becky Cox

Falloir (Passion Noire #2)Falloir by J.D. Chase
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was gifted a copy of Falloir for an honest review.

Falloir picks up immediately where Vouloir left off. There is a cliffhanger and I am dying for Avoir to come out which is anticipated in June.

I love Veuve's rough exterior and her warm gooey interior. She loves The Kid as if he were her own and is a bit threatened by his relationship with Jones. She feels so deeply for her teenage patients and it is endearing. On the other hand she is an uncompromising Domme. I am fascinated by her character.

Jone's is such a great guy, I want him for myself.

I enjoyed the alternating POV's and think it gives greater insight into the story. The Kid's POV is entertainment at its best.

There are numerous twist and turns in this book and a few "ah ha" moments. It contains heavy subject matter and really made me think. This series is definitely one that will stay with me for awhile. There is a message from JD at the end and it is very enlightening about the real issues covered in this book.

Even though Vouvoir and Falloir are based on a dark world it is excellently written and draws you into the story. There are numerous moments of humor which help lighten the mood. I would highly recommend this book.

Review for Jo&IsaLovesBooks Blog.

NOT on AMAZON YET.





View all my reviews



Vouloir (Passion Noire, #1)Vouloir by J.D. Chase
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was gifted a copy of this book for an honest review.

This book blew me away. To be honest I am already reading the next in the series, Falloir, because I have to know what happens. Such an original angle and intriguing characters. J.D. Chase is new to me. Her writing style in Vouloir is near perfection. The emotions of Veuve both as a therapist and a Domme are so well done that I was living the pages with her. Jones, Jones, Jones...now there is a hot alpha.

Vouloir: to want, wish, desire; to see oneself as; to give the impression of, to seem

Veuve has been through something horrible. She rescues The Kid from something just as horrific. Jones is trying to protect them both. Jones believes a D/s relationship with Veuve is what he has been searching for to quiet his need.

There is a cliffhanger. Something ugly is coming, I can feel it.

The next in the series is already available. I highly recommend this book. It is an experience you don't want to miss.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLovesBooks Blog


Amazon US


Amazon UK



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...