Tuesday 21 April 2015

Art & Soul by Brittainy C. Cherry

REVIEWED By Becky Cox


Art & SoulArt & Soul by Brittainy C. Cherry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Art & Soul is one of those novels that will stay with me for a long time. My heart hurts. I highlighted so many passages that my kindle turned pink.

Aria, an artsy girl on the outside of the in-crowd, became the high school pregnancy statistic after one bad decision. Levi moved to town to try and reconnect with his father.

They didn't intend to fall in love. But they did, and it was epic.

Brittainy has written a beautiful story of heartache, bad decisions, art, music, illness, laughter and most importantly love.

Mom used to tell me that happiness didn't last, so a person should hold onto it as long as possible, without questions, without regrets.

Whenever she smiled, I felt like I was winning at life.

Being around him felt like being around someone who saw your scars and called them beautiful when you only saw your past mistakes.

Maybe it wasn't about fixing the broken hearts. Maybe it was about loving the broken pieces the way they were.

and last but not least...

Music understood me when I didn't understand myself.

I can't recommend this book enough. It is beautiful and moving and all things a great book should be.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLovesBooks Blog

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...