There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, 16 September 2015

The Sea Between Us by Emylia Hall

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

The Sea Between UsThe Sea Between Us by Emylia Hall
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The blurb of this book was intriguing and the setting of the book sounded a nice change. What I found was that this was a slow, lilting tale for the first third of the book and I enjoyed that pace and build of friendships and relationships. Robyn is a young woman whose parents move to a remote corner of Cornwall in her summer holidays. She meets her only neighbour, Jago, a young carpenter. What passes is years of friendships and too many missed chances. I found the storyline sometimes full of promise, sometimes depressing and eventually quite frustrating. Whilst both Jago and Robyn were characters I really liked, the circumstances of their friendship had too few ups and too many downs. The ending was majorly frustrating and I needed so much more from the author at this point. I felt as if I was left stranded.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.



View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1IU4T37JYXQIT/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment