Monday 16 April 2018

Come As You Are by Lauren Blakely

REVIEWED BY 
Melinda Lazar 


Come As You AreCome As You Are by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Come As You Are by Lauren Blakely

I’ve been on the hunt for a historical romance where the main characters meet at a masquerade. I’ve also been impatiently waiting for Flynn’s book after reading Stud Finder. While Come As You Are is as far from a historical romance as you can get, Sabrina and Flynn’s story had some cute nods to regency-era books that it hit the spot for me on more than one level.

Sabrina and Flynn meet and have one hell of a hot and anonymous encounter at a masquerade ball. They leave with promises to get in touch and does Flynn deliver on that? Why, yes. Yes he does! They plan their next meeting still withholding names and faces so imagine their utter dismay when it turns out that Sabrina’s next job as a reporter is focused on Flynn. Conflict of interest, anyone? These two put the cork in their very obvious feelings and attraction for each other and go about things the mature way, the way that won’t cause problems for Sabrina and won’t breach Flynn’s trust issues.

While I loved pretty much every single part of this book, it definitely had moments that had me feeling just a little concerned. I could feel the affection and later, love Sabrina and Flynn had for each other pouring from every page but I couldn’t see how they’d manage to work things out without compromising Sabrina’s ethics but I should have never for a moment doubted Blakely! She ultimately delivered a sexy and romantic story with some delightful banter - if I could, I would crown her the Banter Queen! - and amazing characters. I loved both Sabrina and Flynn - and the cast of side characters - unabashedly and was rooting for them the whole way through. This is absolutely another wonderful read from Blakely.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/RQQMIM3Z02LTM/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R2XGP3JD09UW93/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...