Thursday 12 April 2018

Rebel Heir by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward


REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere 

Rebel Heir (Rush Series Duet, #1)Rebel Heir by Vi Keeland
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was worried at first when I picked this book up and started to read it. I was anxious if the hype matched the actual story. I love it when these two authors come together and collaborate, especially that cocky Aussie goat lover. And at the beginning, I wasn’t feeling it.... Rush is portrayed as a brooding jerk that doesn’t do relationships but from the get-go, he is showing all signs of doing “boyfriend” semblance. And then it clicked in for me - that is exactly what reaction he has with meeting Gia, she was someone he had never come across before and it threw him off balance. His heart knew it, but it took a long time for his head to catch up.

Of course, I can’t divulge too much here but know that it is a scintillating read. The way their relationship develops is very touching and also quite funny. Gia gives as good as she gets from Rush. The nicknames he comes up with for her are cute and appropriate. She has only one for him, Bossman, which gets a smirk out of Rush. There are also moments that had me in tears. Is there a cliffhanger? Well yeah, it’s a duet. Something happens that rocks them to the core, and just when you see the light at the end of the tunnel, you are hit with another bombshell. I did see it coming, but it just made for the build-up of angst go higher and higher. I honestly don’t know how they can recover from this one. The countdown is on for me till I can get my hands on Book Two and see how it all pans out.

*I am grateful for the copy provided by the authors for my honest opinion.
**Reviewed for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...