Thursday 12 April 2018

Rebel Heir by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward


REVIEWED BY
Isa Jones

Rebel Heir (Rush Series Duet, #1)Rebel Heir by Vi Keeland
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward are a case of "Practice Makes Perfect"!

I have been so lucky to have read the stories written by this dynamic duo and in my very humble opinion, this has been their finest work to date. The story is not finished, oh no, by far isn't done and the next few weeks would be an excruciating wait til we get the next installment. They left this first part on a catalyst ending that will certainly provide a poignant ending to the duet.

I want to say so much, it's like my mind is on playback and just wants to share my experience with the world, however, I don't think I can do it without giving something away. In short, the story goes something like this:
Gia goes to help a friend in need and needs to do a stint at the bar she works at. However, she is not doing a good job catching the attention of angry patrons. Suddenly it's not only the patrons who can see that Gia doesn't know the difference between a mojito and a caipirinha LOL. Rush, the owner, who is God's version of perfection, is fuming to discover a strange girl behind his bar, particularly one who is screwing every single drink she is serving. When the two finally set eye to eye, Rush never expects the sass and no-nonsense attitude that Gia throws back at him. It is this moment that sets the tone and creates the perfect setting for the storyline, there are certain elements which seem predictable but Vi and Penelope just know how to keep throwing new elements at us. They just give the reader those "will they" "won't they" "OMG they did" moments. Personally, this has been their most engaging book and I can honestly say RUSH is my ideal book boyfriend, read this book and you will understand why.
THIS WAS THE BEST KIND OF RUSH in a literary and character way. LOVED EVERY SECOND.

ARC received with thanks for an honest review.

5 REBELLIOUS STARS. Isa for Jo&Isalovebooks Review Team.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...