Tuesday 3 April 2018

The Birthday List by Devney Perry


REVIEWED BY
Monique Cashmere


The Birthday ListThe Birthday List by Devney Perry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is my first Devney Perry book, and I feel I started with a beauty!
I will be looking into her other books, and giving them a go too. Love this writers work.

I believe that she is an author of some fervent and passionate contemporary romance novels, and this one is exactly that. My heart just ached for Poppy and her anguish. She had the best life, a husband who adored her, and a great job - she was extremely happy until..... that tragic day Jamie her husband went out and never made it home again. I would have been just as a hot mess as Poppy was. She was brave and plucky, but her moments of sorrow were very touching. Trying to pull herself out of a deep depression, she decides that fulfilling Jamie's Birthday List might bring her closure and peace of mind. What she wasn't expecting was to find a man who could wait it out for her until she was ready to put her past behind her. Cole had the patience of a saint. He was gloriously swoony. He doted on Poppy and knew when she required space or when she needed someone to help her achieve the list. He was the perfect balance of commanding and endearing. There were a few things that bonded them, but what I loved the most was their strong family values, it resinates with me immensely.

Do I recommend this book? In A Heartbeat!

*I am grateful for the copy provided for my honest opinion.
**Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...