Wednesday 11 July 2018

The Accidentals by Sarina Bowen


REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 



The AccidentalsThe Accidentals by Sarina Bowen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Accidentals by Sarina Bowen

I love Sarina Bowen’s writing and The Accidentals is no exception. I admit I hesitated briefly because Young Adult novels can be either a hit or a miss for me but I really needn’t have worried.

Following the death of her mother, Rachel is placed into the foster care system until her absent father turns up to take her into his custody until she turns 18. When I say absent, I mean completely: all Rachel knew of her father were the tidbits her mother had given, that he sent monthly cheques, and also what she’d gleaned from the internet over the years. Given that her father is a pretty famous rock-star, there was plenty online to keep her going but while she idolized him from afar, she had a burning desire to know him in a much greater capacity.

To me, The Accidentals was a journey for Rachel to - as cliché as it sounds - find herself. She moves away to Claiborne Prep, makes new friends and leaves behind old, builds new relationships, and becomes a daughter to a rock-star. I enjoyed all aspects of this book and witnessing Rachel’s growth in many areas was special. The Accidentals certainly has romance in it but it’s not the focus of the book. The only reason I’m not giving this book five stars is because I felt the book ended too abruptly. I wanted - no, I needed - Rachel and her father to work through more of their past.

*I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog



View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/R7SKGSFE3Q6TQ/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.bookbub.com/reviews/3266162653

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...