Tuesday 3 July 2018

A Scandal By Any Other Name by KImberly Bell

REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar



A Scandal By Any Other Name (A Tale of Two Sisters, #2)A Scandal By Any Other Name by Kimberly Bell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Scandal by Any Other Name by Kimberly Bell

Having met Jasper and Julia in The Importance of Being Scandalous, I was fully prepared to be completely immersed and in love with their story. I anticipated the witty banter and sheer cheekiness that follow Jasper wherever he goes. I didn’t quite get all that.

There was a more solemn side to Jasper in this book, given that his grandfather, the Duke has passed away and the ducal responsibilities are now his. Only Jasper isn’t ready to assume the role and runs away and meets who he thinks is a cousin of a friend. For once Julia is being taken at face value, not as the social outcast with disabilities, and she’s not about to reveal her identity until she absolutely must. She’s enjoying the attentions of a deliciously handsome man, a well-known rake, and doesn’t want to see the pity and rejection he’s sure to feel once he realizes who he’s been flirting with.

I did enjoy this book though I can’t say that I loved it. These characters had my attention from the get-go and I was keen for them to get together. I would have liked a bit more outrage from Jasper at being lied to and for him to show greater interest in Julia’s disabilities. I also really wanted more of his cheeky side buttttt it’s understandable why it wasn’t there. I particularly loved Julia’s attitude in that she knew what she wanted and wasn’t afraid to go after it. Now I’m just (im)patiently waiting for Ruby’s story!

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/R16L1S1TP0VG9W/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...