Sunday 1 July 2018

The Importance of Being Scandalous by Kimberly Bell




REVIEWED BY
Melinda Lazar 


The Importance of Being Scandalous (A Tale of Two Sisters, #1)The Importance of Being Scandalous by Kimberly Bell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Importance of Being Scandalous by Kimberly Bell

I was searching for a historical romance on overdrive and came across this book written by an author I’ve not read before so I decided I’d give it a go. What a great decision! I first read this a few months ago and now that I’ve got the second book, I had to do a reread before diving in. And far from being bored, I enjoyed this book more the second time around.

Amelia, Nicholas, and Julia have been the best of friends since childhood and while Nick has been in love with Amelia throughout most of that time, he’s never revealed the depth of his feelings. When he returns home from extensive travels following a parental summons, he also brings the daily letters he wrote to Amelia but never sent in the hope that she’ll return his feelings.

Unfortunately, one of the first things he’s told upon his return is that Amelia is engaged to be married. What followed was delightful! The lengths to which Amelia went to get out of her betrothal with the terrible influence of Julia were so amusing and keep me turning pages even this second time round. The characters are so engaging and the relationships between them all were wonderful, be it the friendships or the relationships between siblings. Simply fantastic.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/R3JATDCYHK3A4Y/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...