Sunday 1 July 2018

Inconvenient Wife by Natasha Boyd

REVIEWED BY
Micky Barnard 



Inconvenient Wife (Charleston Series, #2)Inconvenient Wife by Natasha Boyd
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

This second book in the Charleston Series delivered on another well-written contemporary romance with a slice of the funnies. Beau and Gracie (Gwen) had been best friends from their teenage years and now in their 30s, everything changed, like a rug pulled from under their feet. It was both a scenario of unrequited love and friendship and I have to say, this friendship was fabulous reading. I loved their platonic connection as well as the chemistry, their banter and dialogue was such fun to read and the promise of something more was alluring.

There was a connection to book one, Trystan being Beau’s estranged cousin and it was fun seeing this book/story play out alongside the timeline of book one, so these books are best read in order.

Gracie was a heroine to really like. She was selfless when it came to two people, Beau and her dad. She didn’t take herself too seriously and I liked the slightly wild side to her. Beau was a dithering blind idiot over Gracie (although she had her moments) and I really enjoyed the palm to the face realisations.

The family element to this story was strong and more prevalent than book one. I enjoyed this and Gracie’s dad really hit all the soft spots in me.

I’m now anticipating book three, considering I’ve rated both these books in the series highly. Natasha Boyd can rock the contemporary romance genre.

I voluntarily read an early copy of this book.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...