Friday 19 August 2016

Forgotten by Catherine McKenzie


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard


ForgottenForgotten by Catherine McKenzie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I would class this as women's fiction. The audiobook was based on a very interesting concept. Emma, the heroine went on a trip to Africa and because of a natural disaster, everyone presumes she's dead. When she returns to pick her life back up, she can't. I thoroughly enjoyed the intrigue in the early parts of the book but equally liked reading life beginning to return to some normality. The relationships in this book are hugely complex and betrayal is on the menu from multiple angles.

Emma herself was both an empowered character and wishy washy at times. However, I think her experiences earned her the chance to be weak in certain situations. Dominic was at first a bit of a hero in my eyes but later he annoyed me. Craig left me frustrated.

This is my first book by Catherine Mckenzie but I will be reading more by her.

This was a well narrated story with emotions captured well and a pleasing voice that seemed to fit the character.

The author provided a copy of this audiobook in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...