Saturday 13 August 2016

I found You by Lisa Jewell


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

I Found YouI Found You by Lisa Jewell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Gosh, I can now draw breath from the final 75% of this twisty complex book. This is not a romance, it is a bit of a thriller, full of suspense with some 'who-done-it' thrown in. I'm impressed with the plot and the way the intricate storyline was weaved toghether.

The story is narrates mainly in dual POV of two women who seem to be connected to a missing man. There is also a present-past approach to how the lives unfold and these elements worked really well and whilst I sometimes find that approach frustrating, in this case, it wasn't. I spent much of the book under a certain impression over who was who but found I was mistaken and the jigsaw pieces I had fit together, made the wrong picture. This was very clever of Lisa Jewell.

The book was truly intense, made me devour it voraciously and I now need some light fluff to break the inner tension I'm holding. It's been a long time since I read a Lisa Jewell book but I need to retrace my steps and rediscover her talents.

The publisher provided a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3GRDGYNXF29U8/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B019CGXX06

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...