Tuesday 16 August 2016

Neighbor Dearest By Penelope Ward


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar

Neighbor DearestNeighbor Dearest by Penelope Ward
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Neighbor Dearest by Penelope Ward

Just wow. It's almost 12 hours after I finished this book and everything about it is still circling in my head. From the characters, to the plot, to the actual writing it was faultless.

As the title might suggest, Damien and Chelsea are neighbors in an apartment block that Chelsea has moved to following a heartbreaking split from MY other boyfriend, Elec (Stepbrother Dearest). There's clearly a mutual attraction between the two but while Damien acknowledges it, he refuses to step past friendship with Chelsea.

To begin with, Damien is just such an a-hole, but a hilarious one. He is smart of mouth and supersonic of hearing and absolutely had me entertained even when I was questioning his choices. Chelsea is still hurting from her last breakup and has her trust issues. Damien helps her deal with those in his own unique way. The relationship between Chelsea and Damien starts off rocky and then develops into something quite enviable and the love between them is tangible.

I actually went through an emotional rollercoaster with Damien and Chelsea. It was like an enemies to best friends to lovers story and I was so amused and entertained for the first part of this book that I was actually laughing out loud. But then shit got real, and I was at the other end of the spectrum and fighting back tears. Just perfect. I didn't think I could favor another Ward book as much as Stepbrother Dearest, but this is damn close to it!

You absolutely don't need to read Stepbrother Dearest in order to fully enjoy Neighbor Dearest as both are complete standalones but I do think it'll enhance your reading if you do so. I'm really hoping Ward considers writing a story for Ty because I just loved him too!

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...