Monday 8 August 2016

The Highlander by Kerrigan Byrne


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

The Highlander (Victorian Rebels, #3)The Highlander by Kerrigan Byrne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was my first read by Kerrigan Byrne and as a historical romance fan, I'm glad to add her to my list of authors I want to read more of. This book was the third in a series of interconnected standalone books and although I haven't read the other two, it didn't affect my enjoyment.

This book brought something I love in a historical read - a Scottish brute of a highlander and Liam was certainly that. Mena, running from a dreadful past under the guise of a governess doesn't quite know how to perceive Liam.

"Here she stood, alone and defenceless before perhaps the deadliest warrior in the history of the British Isles, and she just called him to answer for his bad manners."

Mena was a very likeable character, knowing of her past you cannot but feel compassion for her as a person and her situation. Liam was somewhat frustrating in his actions but I was kind of charmed by his brutish behaviour. The children who are nearing adulthood in this story really added to my enjoyment, I liked both Andrew and Rhianna.

The chemistry was good between the characters with some flowery language at times but it fit the setting and situation. All in all a good historical read set in mainly in the Highlands of Scotland. I look forward to going back and reading the previous two instalments of the series.

The author provided a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R21J63HFCVZ3UJ/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...