Thursday 18 August 2016

Starflight by Melissa Landers


REVIEWED by Micky Barnard

StarflightStarflight by Melissa Landers
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a fantastic read and my favourite of Melissa Landers so far. This book had a bunch of diverse characters: master, servant, fugitives, space pirates, rich kids, orphans and princesses. I was pulled into this from page one until the end.

I started off by hating Doran's entitled a**. This man needed to grow up. His treatment of Solara was pretty abhorrent. There's a but, his character development was huge, yet credible. Solara was a veritable spitfire of a personality, trying to find freedom and life in any place she could get it. She was likeable and had real integrity of character. There's some great chemistry between the lead characters but the romance doesn't overtake the story, and I liked that. My favourite side characters were Renny, the Captain and the pirate leader.

Some of the bad guys in this book are pretty grim, Landers created some intriguing characters and species of human. I felt the peril, with my heart in my mouth at times. The book is definitely left open for more, which I look forward to reading more of.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...