Wednesday 10 August 2016

Out Of Bounds by R.S. Grey


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar

Out of Bounds (The Summer Games, #2)Out of Bounds by R.S. Grey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Out of Bounds (The Summer Games book 2) by RS Grey.
4.5*

Another fabulous sports romance set in the Rio Olympics from RS Grey. It's also a complete standalone within a series. In this book we have the women's gymnastic team who is presented with a new coach just before the Olympic Games. While most of the girls go along with what Erik demands of them and don't take it personally, Brie has a low tolerance for his meanness doesn't shy from confrontation.

Can I just say that I've never had such an intense dislike for one of Grey's male characters as I did for Erik. He was rude, he was mean, he was an a-hole. But it was one of those hate to love/love to hate things because I simply could not get enough of him and his boorish behavior. I think Erik would have broken a lesser person than Brie but she was so strong and determined that she refused to buckle under him and good for her! I absolutely admired that about her.

This book did not deliver what I expected. I expected it to be low on angst, high on humor and what I got was the opposite. And that was more than ok! For one, who wants predictable? And two, humor wouldn't have worked whatsoever for this couple. Brie and Erik live to argue, fight, and makeup. Their backgrounds have brought them to this point in their lives and they were not all happy times for either. The chemistry in this book was ridiculous and the fire and stubbornness they both had within was explosive! I think this story was perfect for the characters and I think Grey nailed it and delivered her hottest book yet! If you've not read this author previously, you must. And why not start with The Summer Games?!

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R1QQGKHB73R9VF/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...