Wednesday 10 August 2016

One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

One True LovesOne True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This has been one of those reads where I couldn't write the review immediately, I needed to think. This book made me feel emotionally tossed around but I enjoyed the ride immensely and felt satisfied with the culmination.

This was a storyline of epic proportions with two relationships past and present clashing. The key characters Emma, Jesse and Sam were all intertwined past and present. There was clever attention to detail and weaving of life's journey.

The first sentence of the book makes you do a double take, what did I just read? I read that sentence three times and thought 'oh my, how is this possible and how am I going to cope?' It is clear from the blurb that there's going to be some serious angst and what I found was that the angst ebbed mostly in the first half of the book but then the second half it grabbed you and dragged your churned up heart along with it. This book provoked lots of emotions, I did cry a few times, the longing was almost unbearable. I felt happiness but mostly I felt conflicted. Once the main character Emma, knew her own mind, it settled my mind and I felt the right course was taken in the storyline. I have wondered if other readers who would have preferred a different decision, how they cope with this.

To date, this is my favourite read by Taylor Jenkins Reid.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...