Wednesday 10 August 2016

Hard Climate by Susan Mac Nicol


REVIEWED BY Joanne Swinney

Hard Climate (Men of London #8)Hard Climate by Susan Mac Nicol
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Hard an adjective word, meaning solid, firm, and rigid; not easily broken, bent, or pierced. GULP!! Let me explain why, I think the writer of this story chose the title and no I have not stalked the Author and already asked. Hopefully she will seek me out and tell me I was right, if not, well thats okay because this is the way I see it, the way I feel.

So back to Hard, LOL!! I know, I know, I just can't help myself. Anyways the meaning Solid, firm is really the obvious thing that springs to mind, okay Jesus, I will spell it out for you. It's the male member, you guys know I can't use words of profanity or certain sexual words in my reviews, it will get removed. Hard also means not easily broken, well this was certainly true for Ryan. Unfortunately I can't make any other comment on that because it would give a huge spoiler out, so go read. hehe!!

Climate, another interesting word to use for a book title. It's a noun word. Yep, I have been reading the English dictionary today just for you guys. The meaning could be the weather conditions prevailing in an area in general or over a long period, but nope that definitely doesn't feel right after reading this story, so I investigated further. And this seems more like it, 'another aspect of life'.

The title fits the story perfectly, you're probably thinking, I didn't need to know all that codswallop above, well thats the great thing about reviewing, I can say what I like, HA!! Honestly, I feel like I've turned into Mango. Who's Mango? So pleased you asked. I will now get back to the story.

If you are a fan of 'The Men of London Series', you would have heard about Ryan and Mango previously. Ryan was Laverne Debussy-Smith AKA Lenny's ex bed buddy. Mango is the guy that Ryan has always loved but can't get him to stay in the same zip code long enough to have a relationship with him. Capisce? You following so far?
So now that Lenny is settled with Brook. Ryan is also ready to take the next step and have a meaningful relationship. Nope, Mango is not the settling down type or is he? Who knows what's around the corner, the possibilities for Mango are endless, even jail is a strong candidate.

I have laughed so hard while reading this story. This is one of my favourite quotes,
'Would you please stop trying to drive my nuts through my stomach and calm down and listen to me?' HAHA!! Leading up to this part is hilarious and full of profanity, hence why I chose to share this part.

No story is complete without a little heartache, maybe not everyone cries while reading tragic events, but I sure do. I think because I was so involved in this story it made me cry harder. I was so sadden by what occurred I just kept thinking, please be okay, please be okay. Honestly if I thought for one minute the Author wasn't going to give me a HEA, I would have screamed the house down. Oh yeah, I need my happy ever after without it, I can't sleep, I have the book hangover from hell. Readers you know exactly what I am talking about.

I have to say this is another exceptional story to add to 'The Men of London'. I really don't know what I will do when this series is over. It's a truly amazing gift to be able to not only write a book, but to grasp the hearts of readers that keep wanting more. Susan Mac Nicol without a doubt you have been blessed with the Midas touch.
Thank you for another heart warming and sexy read. Please never stop writing The Men of London.

PS. I still have full rights to Clay and Tate, just saying. (Smily face inserted here)

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. An excellent .. spot on review! Same caliber as the book! Don't miss it!

    ReplyDelete

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...