Monday 18 September 2017

Exes With Benefits by Nicole Williams

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard



Exes with BenefitsExes with Benefits by Nicole Williams
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If you want a book with heat, depth and substance then EXES WITH BENEFITS is the perfect autumn read to cozy up with. From the title, I thought this would be all kinds of light reading but what I got was some story with punch (there's a pun there) and characters to get my teeth into.

This story couples some themes that I love, second chances and bad boy turned around. In fact, Canaan gave me serious hero-swoon because he was a great guy in the most believable way. Canaan was a man not about to repeat his mistakes and I found I forgave him in the early stages of the book, his character growth between chances was apparent.

"Because you can't write a great love story without tragedy to overcome. Because that's when love is proved. Not when life's easy, but when it's so damn hard you can hardly breathe."

Maggie was a complex woman, I didn't know how to figure her out at times. Her duplicitous life was something difficult to stomach but I was generally sympathetic to her situation and why she found herself at an impasse. Maggie grew up within the narrative of this book and I was glad of her evolution, she needed it. Canaan thought he didn't deserve Maggie and I wasn't sure if Maggie deserved Canaan. The story, the characters, writing and the chemistry did not disappoint.

Whilst this is a fairly quick read, there is sufficient depth to feel like a fully rounded story. It hit the buttons for feeling good without being too light. I highly recommend for a weekend read to get lost in.

A copy of this book was provided by the author in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...